Monday, September 19, 2011

Autumn Banner


Here's my little craft project from last weekend, an autumn banner.


And here's a close-up of the individual banner pieces...




I used a border punch along the top of each banner piece, and added a flower and glitter leaves on the end border pieces.

The letters were pre-cut chipboard letters that I received in a goody bag at a charity scrapbooking event (or crop). I brushed some glue on each letter and then poured glitter over them and let them dry. I cut the scallop circle using a die and then placed the circle on top of a medallion I created out of some gold tissue paper I had saved from a gift I received (repurpose and reuse!).
Here's a side view of the banner pieces. The medallions really pop off the banner pieces and add some dimension.


And here is the banner hanging above the slider in the kitchen. Bringing just the right touch of fall to the kitchen! (Please excuse the smudged glass, apparently my quick clean job was a little too quick!)


Jenny


6 comments:

  1. Jenny, pretty! Love the gold tissue medallions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so creative! The banner looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to see that you got to have some crafting fun this weekend. The banner is gorgeous and looks great over the glass doors (streaks and all!). I really hope you're feeling better. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies!

    Lisa, I made the banner the weekend before last. Unfortunately there was no crafting for me this last weekend. But I am feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this! You make it look simple but I'm not sure mine would turn out as beautiful as yours! Thank you for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving and reading your comments...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...