Gosh, my first blog award!
The Rich Life (on a budget) gave me a stylish blogger award.
Thank you Adrienne! I'm very honored for the mention, and ever so thankful that you talked me into starting this little blog of mine :)
Now, I must tell you seven things about me that you may not know and that might hopefully be of interest.
- Two years ago I discovered that I was a runner. Who would have thought a runner was hiding inside me all these years! I went from walking on the treadmill for exercise, to running on the treadmill (that first time was really scary! And I about flew off the treadmill), and then running outside on pavement. In two years I have run 6 half marathons. There’s 13.1 miles in a half marathon and it takes me about 2 hours and 35 minutes to run one. Go me and my new running self!
|Jim and I finishing our 1st Half Marathon|
- Over the years, I have learned to embrace my super, crazy, natural curly hair. In high school I used to straighten my hair every morning, only to have it frizz in the fog on my walk to the bus stop.
- My home burned down the summer after 8th grade. The fire started in the kitchen after my mom and her boyfriend left for work, and thankfully my brother and I were away at our dads for the summer, otherwise we would have been asleep in our beds, and I don't even like to think of what might have been! The fire was especially heartbreaking, because my home was also the "summer cabin" that my Grandmother's uncle built in back in1904. My grandma, my mom, and I spent all summers there as children, and when I was 5, my mom and I moved in and made it our home. The summer cabin holds so many memories dear to my heart. Sadly I don't have any photos of the cabin except for this one after the fire, and another one taken back in the 1950's?
|The top window was my bedroom|
|The Summer Cabin - circa 1950?|
- My husband and I built the house we live in now. We learned so many things…most importantly how to compromise, or in my husband’s case - sometimes it's just easier to give in to the wifey!
- My favorite color is chartreuse. I will buy almost anything in this color!
- I am an avid scrapbooker-stamper-crafter and people are always in awe when they first see my craft room. I have been accused of having my own craft store :)
- I once painted our bedroom 5 different colors before I settled on the current color. Jim made me promise that I would not make him move our heavy bedroom furniture again. So if I ever tire of the color, it looks like I will have to hire a moving crew!
Now, I'm supposed to pass the Stylish Blogger Award on to seven other bloggers.
But since I'm a newbie blogger, I am just going to mention seven stylish blogs, and who knows, maybe one will accept the award?
My friend Lisa's blog ~ It's not just paper...
The Inspired Room
Little Brown Pen
Kasey Buick - one girl talks
*Reserved for my friend Berta's blog which is still TBA*
Awards are always accepted at your leisure.
Please don't feel that you must participate.
But it sure is fun for the rest of us when you do!