Thursday, March 24, 2011

Seven Things

Gosh, my first blog award!

The Rich Life (on a budget) gave me a stylish blogger award.


Thank you Adrienne! I'm very honored for the mention, and ever so thankful that you talked me into starting this little blog of mine :)

Now, I must tell you seven things about me that you may not know and that might hopefully be of interest.

  1. Two years ago I discovered that I was a runner. Who would have thought a runner was hiding inside me all these years! I went from walking on the treadmill for exercise, to running on the treadmill (that first time was really scary! And I about flew off the treadmill), and then running outside on pavement. In two years I have run 6 half marathons. There’s 13.1 miles in a half marathon and it takes me about 2 hours and 35 minutes to run one. Go me and my new running self!
Jim and I finishing our 1st Half Marathon

  1. Over the years, I have learned to embrace my super, crazy, natural curly hair. In high school I used to straighten my hair every morning, only to have it frizz in the fog on my walk to the bus stop.

Doing my best Medusa impression
  1. My home burned down the summer after 8th grade. The fire started in the kitchen after my mom and her boyfriend left for work, and thankfully my brother and I were away at our dads for the summer, otherwise we would have been asleep in our beds, and I don't even like to think of what might have been! The fire was especially heartbreaking, because my home was also the "summer cabin" that my Grandmother's uncle built in back in1904. My grandma, my mom, and I spent all summers there as children, and when I was 5, my mom and I moved in and made it our home. The summer cabin holds so many memories dear to my heart. Sadly I don't have any photos of the cabin except for this one after the fire, and another one taken back in the 1950's?

The top window was my bedroom
The Summer Cabin - circa 1950?


  1. My husband and I built the house we live in now. We learned so many things…most importantly how to compromise, or in my husband’s case - sometimes it's just easier to give in to the wifey!
Home Sweet Home since May 2001

  1. My favorite color is chartreuse. I will buy almost anything in this color!
Purse and jacket - shades of chartreuse

  1. I am an avid scrapbooker-stamper-crafter and people are always in awe when they first see my craft room. I have been accused of having my own craft store :)
My happy place

  1. I once painted our bedroom 5 different colors before I settled on the current color. Jim made me promise that I would not make him move our heavy bedroom furniture again. So if I ever tire of the color, it looks like I will have to hire a moving crew!

 
Now, I'm supposed to pass the Stylish Blogger Award on to seven other bloggers.
 But since I'm a newbie blogger, I am just going to mention seven stylish blogs, and who knows, maybe one will accept the award? 

My friend Lisa's blog ~ It's not just paper...

The Inspired Room

Centsational Girl 

Little Brown Pen

Kasey Buick - one girl talks

LilyBean's Paperie

*Reserved for my friend Berta's blog which is still TBA*

Awards are always accepted at your leisure.
Please don't feel that you must participate.
But it sure is fun for the rest of us when you do! 

Jenny

4 comments:

  1. What a terrific list! I am super impressed with you and Jim running half-marathons. I used to drag Bill to 10ks years ago. He hated it!
    That fire was awful. Thank God you and your brother were gone. It looks like it was in the Russian River area perhaps?
    If I ever run out of crafting supplies, I know where to go. (Who am I kidding? I have no crafting supplies.)
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I painted my bathroom 5 times before finally settling on its current turquoise incarnation. My husband kept complaining that the room was getting smaller and smaller with each layer of paint.
    Congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adrienne,
    Running is a new found passion of ours, and I love that we can do it together. We're each others cheerleaders. The cabin was in Monte Rio. We rebuilt after the fire, but it just isn't the same.

    Fojoy,
    Ha! That's exactly what my husband says every time I paint! Silly boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat-O, Jenny! Love your list, so interesting and a great way to know a little more about you. I totally relate to #2 and #5 - curls and chartreuse!!!! And while I remember you telling us about that fire, seeing the pictures makes it so much more horrifying. Is it any wonder that you married a hunky fireman? Your knight in shining armor.
    And - BLUSH - you are a dear to nominate me for this award. I am not worthy, and certainly my blog is not as well-done as yours. But I will endeavor to live up to the honor. What am I supposed to do?

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving and reading your comments...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...