I've been scouring the internet and blogosphere for ideas for the nursery. The internet is a lovely thing! There are endless, beautiful nurseries out there. So many inspiring spaces. Here is a peek at what ideas and pieces I have chosen for the nursery...
1. This IS the crib I am ordering. The Bratt Decor Venetian Iron Crib from Pottery Barn. I love the classic, antique look of this crib. It's going to look perfect in the nursery!
2. After looking at all kinds of rockers and gliders, I think I have settled on one that looks more like a chair and that I can eventually move into another part of the house. Jim and I plan to try some out in the stores, and if I can't find one I like, then we'll purchase this one from Pottery Barn, even though it is a little more than we want to spend.
3. I just ordered this 3-pc Simply Shabby Shic Cherry Blossom Crib set from Target. It includes a bumper, sheet, and skirt.
Here's a better picture of the pattern on the bumper. I also ordered this quilt.
4. Fabric embroidery hoops for above the crib. I am making these for sure! I just need to find the right pieces of fabric.
5. Pom-poms. I found a tutorial on how to make the ones picture below. I will be making these in shades of pink and maybe cream or yellow. They will hang above either the crib, glider or dresser.
6. We have a small, deep bookcase that Jim built when he was in high school that I plan to paint pink and convert to a changing table like the pink cabinet below.
7. And I WILL find a wall for shelves like these. Floor to ceiling. Love them!
I am also on the hunt for a chandilier for the nursery and I plan to make some curtains, even though me and my sewing machine have a hate/love relationship.
I will try and post photos of the nursery as it comes together. As well as any projects I make.