Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Rub-on Labels

I recently dressed up a few glass bottles in our kitchen with Rub-ons.

For those of you who are asking "what the heck is a rub-on?". The best way to describe them.....is they are kinda like a temporary tattoo. Except you apply them, not with water, but by rubbing (hence the name "rub-on") them onto whatever surface you like. Altho, they probably won't stick to your skin all that well like a tattoo will. You can find rub-ons at your local craft store (Michael'sCrafts, Beverly's Crafts, JoAnn's Fabrics, etc.)  in the Scrapbook section. They come in all shapes, colors and sizes.

Here I dressed up the dish soap dispenser with a fun label, and I wrote "dish soap" in permanent marker. I found the glass dish soap dispenser in the bath section at Target. My MOST FAVORITE store on this whole entire earth!


here's a closer look....


And because the soap dispenser turned out so cute, I thought the bottle that holds our olive oil needed a label to. Don't you agree? I again wrote Olive Oil with a permanent marker.


closer look...


I'm already looking around the house for what next I can add a rub-on too!
 
Jenny


3 comments:

  1. You can add one to Jim, "husband" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These would be great to use on those little traveling bottles that we all must use to carry our liquid toiletries and such on planes.

    I also think they would work on homemade pickles and jams - especially when giving them as gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice idea for spray bottles for my homemade cleaning products. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving and reading your comments...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...